A digital media customer was tasked with installing 2,000 lottery kiosks per year over a three-year period – a total of 6,000 kiosks – throughout the entire state of Illinois. The initial challenges in this project included:
- Coordinating delivery and installation times within a few hours of each other in all 2,000 locations
- Procuring the specialized equipment needed to safely handle inside delivery of each 650-pound unit
- Working with an incumbent logistics provider who lacked experience and expertise with projects of this kind
As the project got underway, and delivery challenges arose, the client called on Planes Specialize Logistics, who helped them with challenging projects in the past.
Our team created a repeatable, reliable process for handling each kiosk delivery:
- The client sends a master delivery schedule for the next month’s deliveries, detailing the time slots (10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 4 p.m.) for each day
- Our team builds a loading schedule to meet the time and date requirements for each location
- We schedule pick-ups 2-3 days prior to the scheduled delivery date
- We arrange for crews at each site to remove the machines from cartons, use a lift gate to deliver them inside each store
- We coordinated with delivery crews to notify the client of any issues while they were on-site so that they could be quickly resolved, keeping the installation crews on schedule
Our Execution: Delivering on our Promises
Due to the successful implementation of our process, we were systematically awarded more and more deliveries,
including many that were taken away from the incumbent logistics provider.